The information you supply may be kept on a database. It will only be used for contacting you about a booking or sending information. Your details will not be passed on to any third party without your permission. This could be in cases where we believe, in good faith, that we have a legal obligation to disclose such information.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and understand the need for appropriate protection of all personal information provided by you.
We are entitled to assume you do not object to any of the things mentioned in this statement unless you indicate otherwise in writing or in any other approved manner.
Our website contains hyperlinks to other websites. This information is supplied in good faith but we are not responsible for the content or functionality of these external websites.
Lockholme B&B is registered with the ICO, The Information Commissioner’s Office, updated February 2022.
Lockholme B&B lies in the Upper Eden Valley, with superb access to the National Parks of The Lake District and Yorkshire Dales, The Howgills and North Pennines.
Since opening in 2016, as a husband and wife team, we are committed to providing a quality accommodation service. We are very aware of our potential impact on the natural environment in which we operate.
Behind the scenes we will:
- Switch off all lights and electrical equipment when not in use and adjust heating with energy consumption in mind.
- Seek to buy more environmentally friendly and efficient products, and re-use and recycle where possible.
- Support locally produced food from local suppliers to help reduce the carbon footprint and use local trades people wherever possible.
- Minimise the use of paper, re-use and recycle where possible.
- Cleaning materials will be as environmentally friendly as possible, and we will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
- Our used printer cartridges are sent to charity to be recycled.
- We are in the process of changing to low energy bulbs where possible.
- Commit to comply with relevant legislation and regulations relating to our industry. This has been especially relevant since the Covid 19 Pandemic.
- Keep updated and informed about environmental issues, monitor and review environmental performance, to help improve and reduce environmental impact.
Working with our guests …
- In the dining room our Gold Award winning marmalade is homemade, alongside our homemade bread and cakes. Bacon, Sausage and Bread are sourced from local producers.
- We try to compost waste when we can.
- We reuse and recycle our paper, glass, plastic, card, and tins. Each guest room has a special bag for recycling, to encourage our guests also.
- Walking is our thing – our location is ideal for walking from the house, so leaving the car behind for the day is encouraged and we have maps, timetables to encourage our guests to walk and use public transport.
- We encourage guests to be energy efficiency -switching off lights when they are not needed, TV’s turned off and unplugging phones/ camera chargers, when not required.
- We ask guests to be water responsible when using the bath or shower, to leave towels on the heated towel rails and we change the towels at our discretion, daily if required.